Potentially explosive Trump documentary could take center stage at upcoming Jan. 6 hearings

A British documentary filmmaker who gained wide access to donald trump and his family in the last six weeks of his presidency have some pictures that the January 6 committee would like to see. The existence of unpublished documentary images that alex headline shooting from September 2020, including interviews with Trump before and after January 6, was first reported Tuesday by Politico. The January 6 committee is ready to interview Headline on Thursday, the same day that his fifth in a series of public hearings is taking place. The evidence could take center stage when the committee wraps up the series next month, but bits of Holder’s project have already begun to circulate. the New York Times I saw an interview with ivanka trump in which he incites his father’s stolen election claims, a recording filmed on December 10, 2020, nine days after then-Attorney General billbarr said there was no widespread fraud affecting the election result, says Ivanka saying the House committee “affected my perspective.” Trump’s eldest daughter also appeared in one of two photos CBS News obtained Wednesday from Holder’s three-part documentary series. One image shows Ivanka sitting down for an interview with Holder; the other, Holder interviewing Trump. And on Thursday, CNN played the first footage from the Trump documentary:

Twitter content

This content can also be viewed on the site that it originates of.

The January 6 committee subpoenaed Holder last week, forcing him to hand over any raw footage of the January 6 insurrection in DC; of interviews with Trump, Ivanka Trump, eric trump, Donald Trump Jr., Jared KushnerY mike pence; and “any raw material related to discussions of voter fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.” Holder said in a statement Tuesday that she was fully cooperating with the committee. The footage, she said, is part of a documentary series titled Without precedents, which “was bought last year by a major streaming service and is scheduled to be released in 3 parts this summer.” On Wednesday, Discovery+ was revealed as the streamer in question.

Twitter content

This content can also be viewed on the site that it originates of.

It’s unclear if portions of Holder’s footage will air during Thursday’s performance, but the rep. bennie thompson, the committee’s chairman, said Wednesday that the committee needs more time to review the images it obtained of Holder (as well as new information from the National Archives and new advice received since the hearings began) and, as a result, will delay its next hearing. round of hearings until July, according to CNN. The development of a trove of potentially explosive material seemingly came out of nowhere this week, even to former Trump officials. “What the fuck is this?” said a former top Trump 2020 official Rolling Stone following the Politico scoop. Multiple former senior Trump administration officials, including Stephanie GrishamThey were reportedly completely unaware of Holder’s documentary project. “The film was conceptualized and coordinated directly with the Trump family,” Rolling Stone reported, adding that “senior campaign staff were not involved in approving entrants or decisions about what topic would be included in the film.”

Trumpworld can apparently thank Kushner for helping pull off this headache: According to the TimesHolder was connected to Trump’s son-in-law by a lawyer jason greenblattwho was at the time the White House envoy to the Middle East.

Leave a Comment