Forza Horizon 5 will soon be getting a Series 10 update, launching alongside the highly anticipated Hot Wheels update releasing later today, that is, on July 19, 2022.
The Series 10 update, which will be released in two days, will be a joint effort between Forza and Extreme E, the latter being the electric off-road racing series for sports purposes.
The first festival playlist will be released on July 21, 2022 and will end on August 17, 2022. In addition, the Series 10 update will allow players to access Hot Wheels expansions, with additional events and rewards.
While Playground Games has yet to reveal the official patch notes for the Forza Horizon 5 Series 10 update, they have talked about some changes and features that users can expect once the Extreme E events are live.
Things to Expect at Forza Horizon 5 Extreme E Events
With the Forza Horizon 5 collaboration with Extreme E, fans can get their hands on the all-electric Extreme E ODYSSEY 21 e-SUV and four weeks of events on the Festival playlist.
Additionally, while the event is live, players will head to a new X Prix location in Mexico each week and have the opportunity to take part in Dirt and Cross Country races in Odyssey 21.
After completing these events and challenges, Forza Horizon 5 fans will be rewarded with Extreme E race suits in different variants and colors. These colors will represent the team colors of those competing in the real world 2022 Extreme E Championship.
The color variants and how to obtain them are:
2022 Extreme E #99 Chip Ganassi Racing GMC Hummer EV
- Available at the Autoshow for 700,000 credits
2022 Extreme E #58 McLaren Racing
- Earn 80 PTS in the Series 10 Festival playlist
2022 E-end #44 X44
- Complete the Danger Sign Seasonal PR Trick “Boardwalk” in the Series 10 Festival Playlist between July 21 and July 27.
Extreme E Racing Team #42 XITE 2022
- Complete the “Extreme E Island Prix I” Season Championship in the Series 10 Festival playlist between July 21-27.
2022 Extreme E #23 Genesys Andretti United
- Complete the “Boulevard” Speed Trap seasonal PR stunt in the Series 10 festival playlist between July 28 and August 3
2022 Extrema E #5 Veloce Racing
- Complete the “Extreme E Energy Prix I” Season Championship in the Series 10 Festival playlist between July 28 and August 3
2022 Extreme E #55 ACTIVE | Team Sainz XE
- Complete the “The Cross” Danger Sign Seasonal PR Trick in the Series 10 Festival Playlist between August 4th and August 10th.
2022 end E #22 JBXE
- Complete the “Extreme E Copper Prix I” Season Championship in the Series 10 Festival Playlist between August 4 and August 10.
2022 Extreme E #6 Rosberg X Racing
- Complete the “Rocky Coast” Speed Zone Seasonal PR Trick in the Series 10 Festival Playlist between August 11-17
2022 Extreme E #125 ABT Cupra XE
- Complete the “Extreme E Desert Prix I” Season Championship in the Series 10 Festival Playlist between August 11 and August 17.
Upcoming Hot Wheels content to look forward to in Forza Horizon 5
Forza Horizon 5 fans can try out the new Hot Wheels content regardless of expansion purchase.
They’ll have access to new car customization options, including Hot Wheels signature redline tire compound, 12 new Hot Wheels Spectralflame colors, and a new Metal Flake paint option with low and high beam configurations.
Along with this will be a brand new version of the Buggy and the Beast Showcase event called “Shaken, Not Stirred” where players will be able to pilot the 2013 Hot Wheels Baja Bone Shaker. Forza Horizon 5 fans who can complete the playlist will get Hot Wheels Rip Rod.
Also, there will be many bug fixes and performance updates, which are as follows:
- Players could lose credits if their Auction House bid fails.
- Horizon Tour auto-populates in the festival playlist.
- TAA on PC makes wheels look blurry or transparent.
- Certain cars feel more unstable when driving when using simulated steering after a physics change in Series 9.
- Inability to challenge players to head-to-head races in The Eliminator if they were using the telemetry overlay.
- Players may time out when joining an EventLab event in co-op.
- Players could return to Freeroam during Horizon Open.
A highlight of the changes to the game will be the new save recovery system, where Forza Horizon 5 users can restore previous backups if their game files lose their most recent save data.
The Hot Wheels expansion will also come with ten new cars and a map with four different areas linked with over 200 km of Hot Wheels tracks.