Man Electrocuted in Taunton While Fixing TV Antenna, Starting Fire – Boston News, Weather, Sports

TAUNTON, MASS. (WHDH) – A man has died after trying to remove an antenna from a three-story building. He was electrocuted and then a fire ignited that spread to the outside of the building.

“I just saw sparks and then I saw a guy on fire,” a neighbor said of the scene on Danforth Street.

Sources told 7NEWS that the man owned the building and was fixing the antenna from a third-floor balcony shortly before 8 a.m. when he hit a nearby power line. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Flames from the electrocution spread, setting part of the house on fire.

Multiple agencies responded to the scene, which was cordoned off as of Thursday afternoon.

The man’s name has yet to be released pending full notifications to next of kin and a formal identification by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

(Copyright (c) 2022 Sunbeam Television. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our newsletter to receive the latest news straight to your inbox

Leave a Comment