Jacob Hoggard’s lawyers will continue to question the second whistleblower on Friday

TORONTO – A woman who alleges she was raped by Canadian musician Jacob Hoggard in a Toronto hotel room more than five years ago is expected to take the stand again today in her sexual assault trial.

The Ottawa woman, who is the second plaintiff in the lawsuit, testified earlier this week that she met Hedley’s leader on the dating app Tinder in November 2016 and, later that month, agreed to meet him to have sexual intercourse

She said that once she met him in a hotel, Hoggard raped her anally, vaginally, and orally, at one point strangling her so hard she thought she might die.

Read more:

Jacob Hoggard trial: defense suggests plaintiff made up ‘stories’ to ‘get revenge’ on Hoggard

Defense attorneys suggested she was injured during consensual sex and concocted rape allegations after Hoggard lost interest in her.

Story continues below ad

Hoggard has pleaded not guilty to two counts of sexual assault with bodily harm and one count of sexual interference, a count that refers to sexually touching a person under the age of 16.

The other complainant, who was 16 at the time, testified that Hoggard raped her vaginally and orally, and attempted to do so anally, in September 2016.

An agreed statement of facts says that Hoggard had a sexual encounter with each complainant on separate occasions in the fall of 2016.

© 2022 The Canadian Press

Leave a Comment