Every practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs issue an official injury report leading up to the next match. The Chiefs open the playoffs in the Wild Card Round, as they host the Pittsburgh Steelers at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday night.
Here’s the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
|The Jarius Sneed||CB||Knee||PF||PF||–||–|
|Dan Moore Jr.||T||Ankle||PF||PF||–||–|
|Ben roethlisberger||QB||Pec / Rt. Shoulder||LP||PF||–||–|
A few notes
- After what appeared to be a trend in the right direction for the three bosses in question on Wednesday, Thursday’s report could be fairly characterized as a trend in the wrong direction.
- While Darrel Williams (toe) stayed limit, wide receiver Tyreek Hill (heel) has been demoted to a limit after watching well on Wednesday. Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) lack the practice entirely.
- Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy remained confident in the RB squad as a whole: “My comfort level is where it always is – the next man is in place. The point is, Clyde (Edwards-Helaire) is going to do whatever he can to be there this weekend and we’re going to let people take care of what they need. But on top of that, Greg Lewis does a hell of a job with these guys. When given the chance, these guys have proven they can rise to the challenge. So I expect our guys, no matter who’s playing there, to go out there and play hard and fast, but on top of that, they’ll give us something productive to help us win. a victory.
- Of note, Steelers running back Najee Harris (elbow) was not in training for the second consecutive day. Harris is due to train on Friday, and Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has reportedly said training will “tell” his status on game day.
- Pittsburgh left tackle Dan Moore Jr. (ankle) was a full participating after missing the last Steelers game, a sign that he will return to the roster against the Chiefs.
- Starting right-wing goalie Trai Turner (knee) – a new addition on Thursday – is a situation to watch. He failed workout after not appearing on the injury report on Wednesday.
For Wednesday’s injury report, Click here.