The woman who said Trevor Bauer assaulted her sued the MLB pitcher for sexual assault on Tuesday.
Bauer, 31, had initially sued the woman in April, shortly before MLB suspended him, and the woman filed a counterclaim this week, the Washington Post reported.
The new claim reaffirms the woman’s earlier allegations that Bauer struck her while she was unconscious during a sexual encounter in 2021, according to the Post. It also includes claims that Bauer had anal sex with the woman while she was unconscious.
“[The woman] did not consent, because he could not, to have that type of anal sex,” the lawsuit says.
Bauer has always denied all the woman’s accusations. He sued her for defamation after police in Southern California decided not to charge him with any crime.
“I never punched her in the vagina. I never scratched his face. I never had anal sex with her or sodomized her in any way,” Bauer said after the criminal investigation ended. “I never assaulted her in any way at any time. And while we did have consensual rough sex, the disturbing acts and behaviors that she described just didn’t happen.”
The woman’s new lawsuit cites a recorded phone call between the woman and Bauer in which Bauer allegedly does not dispute hitting the woman, the Post reported.
MLB suspended Bauer for two years without pay. He is appealing the suspension. Bauer last pitched for the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 28, 2021.
Days later, news broke of the police investigation into Bauer. At the time, the woman had been granted a restraining order. In August, she posted a graphic photo of injuries reported from her meeting with Bauer.
Shortly afterward, an Ohio woman spoke to the Washington Post and described a similar nonconsensual attack by Bauer during a sexual encounter. That woman also got a restraining order. No criminal charges were filed against Bauer.